The Storage Consultant will be part of a team that will implement and support compute, storage, virtualization and OS activities for onsite customers. These activities also cover service desk support and a rotational guard duty.
What is your role?
Contact with different teams and high profile customers, working on different technologies and the possibility to participate in interdepartmental projects.
- Implement onsite infrastructure projects for our SME/COR customers.
- Provide 2nd line maintenance for issues detected by our existing customers.
- Follow up issues/questions with our partner suppliers where needed.
- Perform testing for the different technologies, implement and debug the configuration where needed.
- Perform handover to the existing team members and to the service desk employees when projects are finalized.
- Participate in migration work, moving existing data from customers replaced technology to the newly installed equipment.
- Participate in the guard duty.
- Good understanding of different compute (Cisco UCS blade and rack servers), storage (NetApp/EMC), networking (Nexus/MDS, Brocade), virtualization technologies (Vmware/Hyper-V), OS (Windows & Linux)
- Experience in complex converged or hyper converged infrastructure is a big plus
- Good knowledge of datacenter technology and mixed onsite hybrid cloud solutions
- Troubleshooting experience
- Excellent team worker
- Communicative and assertive
- Committed to quality
- Methodical and able to treat several problems autonomously
- Customer minded
- Sense of responsibility and self-initiative
- Occasional on-call duty during evenings and weekend.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English (written and spoken)